This course will provide an extension of sewing skills gained in Beginning Sewing, by focusing on clothing construction, fit, and design consideration. The focus will be aimed toward but not limited to outdoor gear style. Extra labs (worth 3 hours) will be scheduled with the instructor. This course fulfills credits toward the Outdoor Product Design and Development degree at Utah State University.
- Distinguish different types of fabric and fiber characteristics used in the sports and outdoor apparel industry.
- Complete a sewing glossary using sewing machines, serger, and iron.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to produce basic pattern alterations for an accurate fit.
- Apply correct sewing construction techniques at the intermediate level to complete three functional garments.
Course Meeting Times:
CE20 0011 01 LC
- Time – 6 – 9 p.m. (Mon - Thurs for 8 weeks)
- Dates – Aug. 16, 17, 18, 22, 23, 24, 25, 29, 30, 31, Sept. 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28, 29, Oct. 3, 4, 5, 6
- Additional – No School Sept. 5, 2022 or Sept. 12, 2022
A minimum of 5 students must register to run the class.
Books and Supplies
Text and materials provided.
About the Class
I Want to Get Started
|TBD||M-Th||6–9 pm||CE20 0011LC||$220|
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302