The Apprentice Electrician program is excellent for those individuals who have an interest in expanding their knowledge as it relates to their individual trade.
Apprentice Electrician students in the State of Utah will receive training in national and state codes, material requirements, practical mathematics required in the trade, and other essential subject areas.
The Apprentice Electrician program is composed of two parts: (1) on-the-job training provided by a sponsor who exposes the apprentice to practical applications in all phases of a particular craft, and (2) classroom-related instruction designed to provide the apprentice with knowledge of theoretical and technical aspects of their craft. The total completion of an apprenticeship program will take up to four years, depending upon the level of licensure.
Bridgerland Technical College provides classroom-related and supplemental instruction for the Apprentice Electrician program. Bridgerland Technical College neither provides on-the-job training nor acts as a sponsor for apprentices. Individuals must locate their own sponsors. For individual industry-sponsored programs, a student should contact their employer’s training director or the Apprenticeship Office. For additional information concerning the Apprentice Electrician Program, please contact our Apprentice Office.
Apprentice courses are divided into two 90-hour sessions beginning in August and ending in December, then beginning again in January and ending in April.
Apprentice Electrician must register for licensure through the Utah State Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, www.dopl.utah.gov
- The Electrical Apprenticeship curricula is designed to prepare students to apply for professional licensure through the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL).
The following are requirements for obtaining an Electrician License:
- Apprentice Electrician Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age (16 years if registered through the United States Department of Labor Office of apprenticeship https://www.apprenticeship.gov ) at the time of application.
- Obtain a sponsoring journeyman (employer) for your apprenticeship.
- Complete and submit an Apprentice Electrician Licensing Application https://dopl.utah.gov/el/ and pay the licensing fee.
- Residential Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- Complete two years (4000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 360 hours (4 semesters) of apprentice education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Residential Journeyman Electrician Exam with a minimum score of 75%.
- Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- Complete four years (8000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 720 hours (8 semesters) of apprentice education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Journeyman Electrician Exam with a minimum score of 75%
Downloads: Apprentice Information
To increase the opportunity for success in Bridgerland Technical College Apprentice Electrician program, students must take Bridgerland Technical College’s assessment test prior to enrolling in the program. This is a WorkKeys Assessment: Applied Math (4), Graphic Literacy (4), Workplace Documents (4). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning.
Please Note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
|Class Name||Class Date||Time||Code||Cost|
|Apprentice Electrician 1A||Aug 31 - Dec 14 (Tu Th)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 2011 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Electrician 2A||Aug 30 - Dec 15 (M W)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 2021 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Electrician 3A||Aug 31 - Dec 14 (Tu Th)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 2031 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Electrician 4A||Aug 30 - Dec 15 (M W)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 2041 01 LC||$315|
The Utah State Approving Agency for Veterans Education approves Bridgerland Technical College and its programs for payment of VA education benefits. If you are a Veteran of the armed forces (or other eligible person) and believe you qualify for VA education benefits please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Students are required to pay tuition and fees prior to starting the class.
Estimated Quarterly Payment:
Logan Campus - West
720 Hours - 4 Years
Hours per Week
New Apprenticeship students start in August.
License required for Journeyman level - State of Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Careers at BTECH
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100