The Apprentice Plumber program is excellent for those individuals who have an interest in expanding their knowledge as it relates to their individual trade.
Apprentice Plumber students in the State of Utah will receive training in national and state codes, material requirements, practical mathematics required in the trade, and other essential subject areas.
The Apprentice Plumbing program is composed of two parts: (1) on-the-job training provided by a sponsor who exposes the apprentice to practical applications in all phases of a particular craft, and (2) classroom-related instruction designed to provide the apprentice with knowledge of theoretical and technical aspects of their craft. Total completion of an apprenticeship program will take up to four years, depending upon the level of licensure.
Bridgerland Technical College provides classroom-related and supplemental instruction for the Apprentice Plumber program. Bridgerland Technical College neither provides on-the-job training nor acts as a sponsor for apprentices. Individuals must locate their own sponsors. For individual industry-sponsored programs, a student should contact their employer’s training director or the Apprenticeship Office. For additional information concerning the Apprentice Plumber Program, please contact the Apprenticeship Office.
Apprentice courses are divided into two 90-hour sessions beginning in August and ending in December, then beginning again in January and ending in April.
Apprentice Electrician must register for licensure through the Utah State Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, www.dopl.utah.gov
- The Plumbing Apprenticeship curricula is designed to prepare students to apply for professional licensure through the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL).
The following are requirements for obtaining a Plumber License:
- Apprentice Plumber Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age (16 years if registered through the United States Department of Labor Office of apprenticeship https://www.apprenticeship.gov ) at the time of application.
- Obtain a sponsoring journeyman (employer) for your apprenticeship.
- Complete and submit an Apprentice Plumber Licensing Application https://dopl.utah.gov/pl/ and pay the licensing fee.
- Residential Journeyman Plumber Requirements:
- Complete three years (6000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 540 hours (6 semesters) of apprentice education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Residential Journeyman Plumber Exam with a minimum score of 70%.
- Journeyman Plumber Requirements:
- Complete four years (8000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 720 hours (8 semesters) of apprentice education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Journeyman Plumber Exam with a minimum score of 70%
Downloads: Apprentice Information
To increase the opportunity for success in Bridgerland Technical College Apprentice Plumber program, students must take Bridgerland Technical College’s assessment test prior to enrolling in the program. This a Career Ready Assessment: Career Ready Math (4), Locating Info (4), Reading (4). Call (435) 750-3188 to schedule an appointment. Need a review? Get a sneak peek at the Assessment Center or enroll directly into the Academic Learning Center by calling (435) 753-6780.
Please Note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
|Class Name||Class Date||Time||Code||Cost|
|Apprentice Plumber 1A||Aug 31 - Dec 14 (Tu Th)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 1011 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Plumber 2A||Aug 30 - Dec 15 (M W)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 1021 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Plumber 3A||Aug 31 - Dec 14 (Tu Th)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 1031 01 LC||$315|
|Apprentice Plumber 4A||Aug 30 - Dec 15 (M W)||6 - 9 pm||APPR 1041 01 LC||$315|
The Utah State Approving Agency for Veterans Education approves Bridgerland Technical College and its programs for payment of VA education benefits. If you are a Veteran of the armed forces (or other eligible person) and believe you qualify for VA education benefits please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Estimated Quarterly Payment:
Logan Campus - West
720 Hours - 4 Years
Hours per Week
New Apprenticeship students start in August.
Reported Annually to the Accrediting Agency Council on Occupational Education
Job Placement: N/A
License required for Journeyman level - State of Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Careers at BTECH
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100