Introduction to Media Design
This 30-hour course is required to enter the Media Design program as a certificate-seeking student. The class introduces students to the fundamentals of media design. Introductory concepts will be covered such as basic media design terms, typography, imagery, color theory, design techniques, and internet technologies. The class also introduces students to various career options in media design, as well as the procedures and methods of the Media Design program for certificate-seeking students.
• Understand basic design principles.
• Define typographic terms.
• Explore how to select appropriate typefaces.
• Identify how to choose imagery and imagery sources.
• Define basic image terminology.
• Obtain an understanding of basic color theory.
• Understand and identify the impact of color in design.
• Demonstrate an ability to use the Internet.
• Identify basic web elements.
• Outline specific areas in the design industry.
• Research and outline what opportunities exist in your geographical area.
Questions? Contact Callan at firstname.lastname@example.org
Books and Supplies
Text and materials provided.
About the Class
I Want to Get Started
Summer Registration Begins July 1
|July 11 - July 27||MDSN 0995 01 LC||$60|
|Aug 8 - Aug 24||MDSN 0995 02 LC||$60|
|Sept 13 - Sept 28||MDSN 0995 03 LC||$60|
Students must attend a course orientation at either
9 am or 5 pm on the first class.
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302