Bridgerland Technical College
Practical Nursing Application Process
Steps for Applying:
Complete all 7 prerequisite/pre-admission courses with a "C" or above and a minimum accumulative GPA of 3.0. Additionally, a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required for all "regionally accredited" college credits when added together at time of application. It is the student's responsibility to make sure that prerequisite and pre-admission courses are complete and official transcripts submitted prior to application deadlines (June 1 for Fall Semester and November 1 for Spring Semester).
- Take Bridgerland Technical College's Practical Nursing assessment exam and include the test clearance paper with your application. For an appointment, call the Assessment Center at 435-750-3188. Test scores are good for one year. Allow time to receive your test clearance paper.
- Include official college transcripts in sealed envelopes for the prerequisite/pre-admission courses.
- Submit your completed application to the practical nursing adviser on or before the application deadlines.
Weber State University, Utah State University or other regionally accredited university or college equivalent
- Microbiology (WSU MICRO 1113, USU BIOL 2060)
- Human Physiology (WSU ZOOL 2200 or HTHS 1110/1111 Biomedical Core or HTHS 1105/1106, USU BIOL 2420)
- Human Anatomy (WSU ZOOL 2100 or HTHS 1110/1111 Biomedical Core or HTHS 1105/1106, USU BIOL 2320)
- Nutrition (WSU NFS 1020, USU NDFS 1020)
- Psychology (WSU PSY 1010, USU PSY 1010)
Bridgerland Technical College
NOTE about Prerequisite and Pre-Admission Courses:
The practical nursing program does not time-out courses.
Utah State University
As a service to our future practical nursing students, the following USU courses will be delivered at the discretion of USU in either a traditional face-to-face format or through interactive video broadcasting, both at Bridgerland.
Prospective Bridgerland Practical Nursing students get preferential placement into USU extension courses. For additional information and to be placed on the class list, please contact Jake Angell at email@example.com.
• BIOL 2060 - Microbiology
• BIOL 2420 - Human Physiology
• BIOL 2320 - Human Anatomy
• NDFS 1020 - Nutrition
• PSY 1010 - Psychology
Contact Amanda Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding courses. All students must make an application to USU. Students may enroll through the Banner Access system.
**USU's tuition table can be found at http://www.usu.edu/registrar/tuition/ or you may contact Amanda at the email listed above for further information on tuition for the USU courses.
Weber State University
As a service to our students, the following courses are available through Weber State University either online or in a face-to-face traditional classroom.
Weber State University
• HTHS 1110 LS - Integrated Human Anatomy and Physiology I
• HTHS 1111 - Integrated Human Anatomy and Physiology II OR ZOOL 2100 - Human Anatomy
• ZOOL 2200 LS - Human Physiology
• MICR 1113 LS - Introductory Microbiology
• NUTR 1020 LS - Science and Application of Human Nutrition
• PSY 1010 SS - Introductory Psychology
Please check the Weber State University website at www.weber.edu for class availability.
Point Selection System:
An independent selection committee reviews completed applications and objectively selects the 24 practical nursing student candidates with the top scores. Also, alternates are selected should one of the 24 students choose not to participate in the program. We do not keep a waiting list.
|Resident of Bear River Region (Cache, Rich, or Box Elder County)||1|
|Previous Alternate or Applicant to Bridgerland Technical College's Practical Nursing Program||2 or 1|
|Health Care Work/Volunteer Experience
Full-time 6 months or Part-time for 1 year (2 points)
3 months or more full- or part-time (1 point)
|2 or 1|
|Health Care Training: Current CNA or MA Certification||1|
|Academic Experience: Baccalaureate or Associate Degree Awarded||1|
|Professional Goal Statement||1|
|Reference Evaluation Forms||3|
|GPA for Support Courses||5-11|
|Maximum Points Possible||22|
The points you may assign yourself are not necessarily the points that the selection committee will assign your application.
The Practical Nursing Program can only accommodate a limited number of candidates per session. Therefore, there can be no guarantee of admission even when prerequisite courses are successfully completed. Applications are reviewed by an objective selection process without regard to race, religion, sex, ethnic background, age, or disability status so far as it is safe for the student and the client in their care.
Acceptance and successful progression through the Practical Nursing Program is contingent upon willingness to complete required immunizations, results of a Federal criminal background check, and random drug screen(s).
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm (We will be open at 7:30 am on the first day of registration)
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
In-Person Hours Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100