Most major law enforcement departments require completion of this training before consideration for employment. Enrollment is limited to those individuals who have successfully completed the Special Function Officer Training.
Steps for Applying
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of entrance
- Have evidence of a high school diploma or GED
- Successfully pass the National Peace Officer Standards and Training (NPOST) exam consisting of math, reading, grammar and report writing. For an appointment, call the BTech Assessment Center at 435-750-3188. Test scores are good indefinitely.
- Submit your completed application via the POST Applicant Portal on or before the application deadline of November 1 for January class and March 1 for April class at 3 p.m.
Learn More Here: https://btech.edu/certificate/police-academy/