Bridgerland Technical College is proud to announce that we are part of the SafeUT app! This app provides students with a free crisis text and tip line where counseling, suicide prevention and referral services are available.
Licensed clinicians are available on the 24/7 CrisisLine call center and respond to all incoming chats, texts, and calls by providing:
- supportive or crisis counseling,
- suicide prevention, and
- referral services.
Free & Confidential Crisis Services
SafeUT is free and confidential.
If an “active rescue” is necessary – meaning crisis counselor believe the user is in immediate danger – the counselor will alert emergency services to attempt a face-to-face safety evaluation based on the information provided by the user.
Key Features of SafeUT
The SafeUT program and app help youth stay healthy and safe in schools by providing high-quality, confidential counseling services. The app’s key features include:
- Confidential and password-protected services
- Real-time, two-way communication with SafeUT crisis counselors available 24/7
- Tips can be submitted with picture and/or video
- Compatibility with Apple & Android devices
SafeUT answers crisis calls, texts, and chats—about yourself or someone else—24/7. These free services, provided by University of Utah Health, are confidential. Counseling topics include:
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues;
- Suicide prevention;
- Loss and grief;
- Bullying and cyberbullying;
- Drug and alcohol problems;
- Relationship difficulties;
- Any life challenge.