This course will provide an introduction to basic sewing techniques, sewing equipment and operations of a sewing machine and serger. Body measurements, reading and layout of a pattern and appropriate fabric selection for different garments will be covered. Students will create samples of a variety of sewing techniques as well as constructing two simple garments using a commercial pattern. This course fulfills credits toward the Outdoor Product Design and Development degree.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic sewing machine and serger parts and how to operate the machines correctly.
- Analyze the characteristics, performance and care of specific textiles and select fabrics for appropriate end-use.
- Analyze body measurements and proportions and choose an appropriate pattern.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly layout a commercial pattern for efficient use of fabric.
- Ability to follow the instruction guide correctly on a commercial pattern.
- Produce two quality garments using proper construction techniques and seam finishes that are appropriate for fabric type and garment.
Minimum of 5 students must register to run the class.
Books and Supplies
About the Class
|Jan 8 - March 19||Tu Th||6-9 pm||FASH 1720 02 LC||$150|
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm (We will be open at 7:30 am on the first day of registration)
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
In-Person Hours Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100