This course will provide an introduction to basic sewing techniques, sewing equipment and operations of a sewing machine and serger. Body measurements, reading and layout of a pattern and appropriate fabric selection for different garments will be covered. Students will create samples of a variety of sewing techniques as well as constructing two simple garments using a commercial pattern. This course fulfills credits toward the Outdoor Product Design and Development degree at Utah State University.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic sewing machine and serger parts and how to operate the machines correctly.
- Analyze the characteristics, performance, and care of specific textiles and select fabrics for appropriate end-use.
- Analyze body measurements and proportions and choose an appropriate pattern.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly layout a commercial pattern for efficient use of fabric.
- Ability to follow the instruction guide correctly on a commercial pattern.
- Produce two quality garments using proper construction techniques and seam finishes that are appropriate for fabric type and garment.
Course Meeting Times:
CE20 0010 01 LC
- Time – 6 – 9 p.m. (Mon - Thurs for 8 weeks)
- Dates – Jan. 3, 4, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25, 26, 30, 31, Feb. 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 15, 16, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28
- Additional – No School Jan 16, 2023, Feb 14, 2023 or Feb 20, 2023.
A minimum of 5 students must register to run the class.
About the Class
Location: Logan Campus
Room Number: 171
Date: See Registration Code to the Right
Time: 6 pm - 9 pm
Books and Supplies
How to Register
Already Have an Account?
|TBD||M - Th||6 – 9 pm||CE20 0010 01 LC||$220|
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302