This course will provide an introduction to basic sewing techniques, sewing equipment and operations of a sewing machine and serger. Body measurements, reading and layout of a pattern and appropriate fabric selection for different garments will be covered. Students will create samples of a variety of sewing techniques as well as construct two simple garments using a commercial pattern. This course fulfills credits toward the Outdoor Product Design and Development degree at Utah State University.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic sewing machine and serger parts and how to operate the machines correctly.
- Analyze the characteristics, performance, and care of specific textiles and select fabrics for appropriate end-use.
- Analyze body measurements and proportions and choose an appropriate pattern.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly layout a commercial pattern for efficient use of fabric.
- Ability to follow the instruction guide correctly on a commercial pattern.
- Produce two quality garments using proper construction techniques and seam finishes that are appropriate for fabric type and garment.
No class: September 4
A minimum of 5 students must register to run the class.
Individuals are responsible for canceling their registration should they not be able to attend. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance. Cancellations received before the first day of class will receive a 100% refund. No refunds, in whole or in part, will be given on or after the first day of class.
Click here to learn more about our Refund Policy.
Books and Supplies
How to Register
Already Have an Account?
|Aug 16 - Oct 5||M - Th||6 – 9 pm||CE20 0010 01 LC||$220|
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced
methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm