This interpersonal communications class will help you to learn the skills, techniques, and understanding of how to express yourself more assertively, whether in your own personal family/friend relationships, in the workplace and within your community. Be prepared to learn, have fun, laugh, and participate in this empowering class that will change your life!
Topics will include the following:
- Identifying the 4 types of communication (assertive, passive, aggressive and passive-aggressive)
- The components of communication
- Gender differences in styles of communication
- The difference between thinking and feeling,
- The basic assertive message
- Power and victim language
- How to power up your job interview language
- Identifying your "blocks" to communicating assertively
- Centering and mindfulness
- How to keep and maintain personal power
- Creating your own personal bill of rights,
- How to say "NO", conflict and negotiation
- Criticism vs. constructive feedback
- Listening skills
Instructor: Troy Lamb is passionate about teaching others how to excel in their personal and professional lives, is a networker and loves to provide resources, programs and services materials to help individuals learn how to become successful in their endeavors from employment to financial freedom.
Individuals are responsible for canceling their registration should they not be able to attend. Refunds will not be issued for non-attendance. Cancellations received before the first day of class will receive a 100% refund. No refunds, in whole or in part, will be given on or after the first day of class.
Click here to learn more about our Refund Policy.
Books and Supplies
How to Register
Already Have An Account?
|Oct 17 - 26||Tu Th||6–8 pm||CE81 0040 01 LC||$40|
|Nov 14 - Nov 30*||Tu Th||6–8 pm||CE81 0040 02 LC||$40|
*No class Nov 21 or 23
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced
methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm