Data Analytics prepares both experienced and inexperienced students with the necessary skills to become skilled data practitioners in business, manufacturing, management, and marketing environments. The self-paced, competency-based curriculum provides extensive hands-on training, text work, computer simulation, and one-on-one teacher to student training. This certificate introduces students to the knowledge, skills, abilities, and tools relevant to data analytics such as: initiating data projects, sourcing data, transforming data, analyzing data, and presenting data. This program supports the Bridgerland Technical College mission to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and hands-on technical education to the Bear River Region.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to perform gap analyses on data sets, identify missing/appropriate data in order to solve business problems.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to extract, collect, clean, and test data.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to transform data by merging and splitting data sets in addition to creating new variables.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to analyze data by applying questions to data, separating anomalies, and running tests.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to communicate data stories through the production and reporting of clear data visualizations, dashboards, reports, charts, graphs, and animations.
- A graduate will demonstrate how to keep data safe and secure.
- A graduate will demonstrate the ability to create and maintain databases.
Complete Introduction to Data Analytics (DATA0995) with an 80% or higher. This course is designed to familiarize students with the overall process of Data Analytics. Students will learn about the essential skills, knowledge, and abilities possessed by skilled data practitioners. Additionally, students will learn about the many careers available to data practitioners. Lastly, students will get to experience firsthand the various stages of a data project by using Excel to clean, analyze, and describe real-world datasets. Students will also be given a brief introduction to Python.
• Know the stages of a data project from start to finish.
• Know about careers available to data practitioners.
• Use basic functions in Excel for manipulating data.
• Use basic statistical functions in Excel.
• Use basic techniques for visualizing data in Excel.
• Apply the techniques learned to a novel situation based on real data.
• Understand Basic Python
Related associate's degree or higher (from a nationally or regionally accredited institution as approved by the Department Head) or related industry experience (as approved by the Department Head).
Questions? Contact Joanna at email@example.com.
For additional information on the occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Bridgerland Technical College is open year round. Most programs are open-entry, open-exit, which means you can start the program at the first of every month as long as there is space available. Please contact SSA's for questions about this program, or check start dates.The first step is to fill out the application for Bridgerland Technical College Logan Campus Application
Complete Introduction to Data Analytics (DATA0995) with an 80% or higher.
Once the Assessment/ACT has been approved, the next step is to meet with a Student Services Representative to complete your enrollment. You will declare your starting date, enrolled hours, and set up your payment schedule. No appointment is necessary. If you have any questions, Student Services can be reached at 435-753-6780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Estimated Books & Supplies
450 hours - 7 - 8 months
Hours per Week
High School Students:
Currently not available.
Required face-to-face collaborative class once per week from 6 - 9 pm.
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302