The Electrical Apprenticeship program provides a solid understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC), its layout, the requirements for different electrical systems, and the components of those systems. This program discusses the risks involved with electricity and electrical systems as well as the safety equipment and measures that are in place to protect electricians and the general public alike.
Electrical Apprenticeship must register for licensure through the Utah State Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing, www.dopl.utah.gov
- Apply of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Navigate the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Calculate the sizes of different electrical system parts
- Explain the application of A/C and D/C electrical theory
- Explain Electrical Safety procedures, processes, and equipment
- Wire electrical circuits per National Codes and safety regulations
The following are requirements for obtaining an Electrician License:
- Electrical Apprenticeship requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age (16 years if registered through the United States Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship https://www.apprenticeship.gov ) at the time of application.
- Obtain a sponsoring journeyman (employer) for your apprenticeship.
- Complete and submit a Licensing Application for Electrical Apprenticeship: https://dopl.utah.gov/el/ and pay the licensing fee.
- Utah Residential Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- Complete two years (4000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 360 hours (4 semesters) of education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Residential Journeyman Electrician Exam with a minimum score of 75%.
- Journeyman Electrician Requirements:
- Complete four years (8000 hours) of On-the-Job Training and 720 hours (8 semesters) of apprentice education as a licensed apprentice.
- Apply for and pass the Utah Journeyman Electrician Exam with a minimum score of 75%
Downloads: Information for Electrical Apprenticeship
To increase the opportunity for success in the Electrical Apprenticeship program, students must take Bridgerland Technical College’s assessment test prior to enrolling in the program. This is a WorkKeys Assessment: Applied Math (4), Graphic Literacy (4), Workplace Documents (4). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning.
Please Note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Registration Begins July 5, 2023
|Class Name||Class Date||Day||Time||Code||Cost|
|Electrician Apprentice IA||Aug 29 - Dec 12||Tu Th||6 - 9 pm||TEEL 1110 01 LC||$322|
|Electrician Apprentice IIA||Aug 28 - Dec 11||M W||6 - 9 pm||TEEL 1210 01 LC||$322|
|Electrician Apprentice IIIA||Aug 29 - Dec 12||Tu Th||6 - 9 pm||TEEL 1310 01 LC||$322|
|Electrician Apprentice IVA||Aug 28 - Dec 11||M W||6 - 9 pm||TEEL 1410 01 LC||$322|
The Utah State Approving Agency for Veterans Education approves Bridgerland Technical College and its programs for payment of VA education benefits. If you are a Veteran of the armed forces (or other eligible person) and believe you qualify for VA education benefits please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Students are required to pay tuition and fees prior to starting the class.
$322 - paid per quarter
24 credits - 4 Years
Hours per Week
New Apprenticeship students start in August.
License required for Journeyman level - State of Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing
Apprentice Electrician is an independent apprenticeship program and is not accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm