Automotive Service II
Automotive Service II
Do you like to get in and do things with your hands? Love the sound of a roaring engine? Automotive Service II may be the career path for you. Today’s repair facilities are actively seeking technicians that have the knowledge and the drive to successfully diagnose and repair problems that occur in today’s highly sophisticated cars.
Coursework is presented by skilled and experienced instructors that provide real-world based training in accordance with National Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) standards. This prepares graduates to pass the National Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification exams.
Upon successful completion of the Automotive Service program, students may enroll in the Automotive Service II for advanced training in: electrical/electronic systems, engine performance, engine mechanical, steering/suspension, brakes, manual drive trains/axles, automatic transmissions and heating/ventilation/air conditioning. This program supports the Bridgerland Technical College mission to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and hands-on technical education to the Bear River Region.
- A graduate will successfully use schematics to safely diagnose and repair: lighting, electrical (including hybrids), digital automotive, and safety systems.
- A graduate will safely repair engine control systems for proper vehicle operation.
- A graduate will evaluate internal combustion engines and complete engine repair and rebuilding procedures.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely repair the suspension, steering, alignment, related electronics, and tire/wheel systems.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely repair brake systems (disc, drum, power boosters, and anti-lock electronics), hydraulic operations.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely repair drive train, clutch, manual transmission/transaxle, and 4-wheel drive systems.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely repair automatic transmissions/transaxles, drivetrain, clutch packs, hydraulic circuits, transaxles, and torque converters.
- A graduate will successfully demonstrate the ability to safely work with refrigerants and superheated liquids, cabin climate control systems, and automotive passenger comfort systems.
Prerequisites: Automotive Service Certificate (courses must be complete with a 3 or better for enrollment eligibility) OR ASE G1 Certification.
Prerequisites Documentation Form
Students must have a valid driver’s license.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Bridgerland Technical College is open year round. Most programs are open-entry, open-exit, which means you can start the program at the first of every month as long as there is space available. Please contact SSA's for questions about this program, or check start dates.The first step is to fill out the application for Bridgerland Technical College Logan Campus Application
Prerequisites: Automotive Service Certificate (courses must be complete with a 3 or better for enrollment eligibility), ASE G1 Certification, or related industry experience (as approved by the Department Head).
Meet with a Student Services Representative to complete your enrollment. You will declare your starting date, enrolled hours, and set up your payment schedule. No appointment is necessary. If you have any questions, Student Services can be reached at 435-753-6780 or email@example.com.
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Estimated Books & Supplies
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302