Students follow the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) curriculum guidelines in Maintenance and Light Repair (MLR). Skilled and experienced instructors provide real world training in electrical/electronics systems, engine performance/repair, steering/suspension, brakes, drivetrain/axles, transmissions, heating/ventilation/air conditioning, and more. Upon completion students will be able to work in repair shops as an entry-level technician. Students must be highly motivated, demonstrate mechanical and electrical aptitude, and possess manual dexterity. Classwork will include reading, writing, and computer-based assignments. Lab activities will require students to work in awkward physical positions and may require heavy lifting.
- A graduate will build a job seeking portfolio and engage in job seeking activities.
- A graduate will be able to navigate and find information pertaining to the automotive industry and online vehicle repair information.
- A graduate will be able to work safely in a shop and properly use automotive tools.
- A graduate will safely diagnose and repair: lighting, electrical, and safety automotive systems.
- A graduate will safely maintain and perform light engine repair on engine performance systems (i.e., ignition, fuel, exhaust, and emission systems).
- A graduate will learn about the maintenance of automatic transmissions, manual transmissions, clutches, drive axles, u-joints, and CV axles.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely perform light repair on vehicle suspension, steering, and tire/wheel systems.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely perform light repair on brake systems (disc, drum, power boosters, and anti-lock electronics), and hydraulic operations.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely perform maintenance on drive train, clutch, manual transmission/transaxle, and 4-wheel drive systems.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely perform maintenance on automatic transmissions/transaxles, and drivetrain.
- A graduate will successfully diagnose and safely perform maintenance on HVAC systems.
WorkKeys Assessment: Workplace Documents (Level 5), Graphic Literacy (Level 5) and Applied Math (Level 5). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning.
Please note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment.
Students must have a valid driver’s license.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Bridgerland Technical College is open year round. Most programs are open-entry, open-exit, which means you can start the program at the first of every month as long as there is space available. Please contact SSA's for questions about this program, or check start dates.The first step is to fill out the application for Bridgerland Technical College Logan Campus Application
Pre-Enrollment - WorkKeys Assessment: Workplace Documents (Level 5), Graphic Literacy (Level 5) and Applied Math (Level 5). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning. Please note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment. Please email your ACT/SAT scores to email@example.com. If you do not have your scores, schedule your assessment below. Schedule Appointment in Logan
Once the Assessment/ACT has been approved, the next step is to meet with a Student Services Representative to complete your enrollment. You will declare your starting date, enrolled hours, and set up your payment schedule. No appointment is necessary. If you have any questions, Student Services can be reached at 435-753-6780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302