Cosmetology/Barbering prepares students to perform salon services on hair, skin, and nails. The competency-based training is delivered through instructor-led theory classes, demonstrations, presentations, projects, and practical applications. Students will complete services on mannequins and clients in a salon-like setting, under the supervision of trained and experienced instructors. Upon completion of this certificate, students will be prepared and eligible to test for state licensing. This program supports the Bridgerland Technical College mission to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and hands-on technical education to the Bear River region.
- Students will demonstrate competency at 90% or above in all theory and practical coursework.
- Students will show proficiency in the following areas through completion of satisfactory mannequin and client services:
- Haircutting and shaving
- Chemical waving and relaxing
- Hair coloring
- Brow arch/wax
- Nail enhancements
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in maintaining clean and safe equipment and work areas.
- Students will show growth in soft skills, professional communication, record keeping, and time management skills through instructor observation and participation.
The following are requirements for obtaining a State of Utah Cosmetology/Barbering License:
- Complete the 1600-hour course, pass school exams, and practical skills requirements at 90% or higher.
- Obtain the “Verification of Hours” required by the Utah Divison of Occupational and Professional Licensing stamped by Bridgerland Technical College, signifying successful completion of courses and passing the final test with at least a 75% on the theory portion and a 90% on the practical portion.
- Score a minimum of 70% on the State Board Exams issued by Prov, Inv.
We have a campus salon at our Brigham City Campus where the public can come get a haircut, color, facials, manicures, and more! Call for an appointment today at 435-723-5329.
WorkKeys Assessment: Workplace Documents (Level 4), Graphic Literacy (Level 4), and Applied Math (Level 4). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning.
Please note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Bridgerland Technical College is open year round. Most programs are open-entry, open-exit, which means you can start the program at the first of every month as long as there is space available. Please contact SSA's for questions about this program, or check start dates.The first step is to fill out the application for Bridgerland Technical College Brigham City Campus Application
Pre-Enrollment: WorkKeys Assessment: Workplace Documents (Level 4), Graphic Literacy (Level 4), and Applied Math (Level 4). Schedule an appointment here or call (435) 750-3188. Need a review? Enroll directly in Academic Learning. Please note: A composite ACT score of 17 or a composite SAT score of 930 can waive assessment requirements if taken no more than four years prior to enrollment. Please email your ACT/SAT scores to email@example.com. If you do not have your scores, schedule your assessment below. Schedule Appointment in Logan If you need to schedule for the Brigham City Campus, please call (435) 750-3188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a remote testing appointment.
Once the Assessment/ACT has been approved, the next step is to meet with a Student Services Representative to complete your enrollment. You will declare your starting date, enrolled hours, and set up your payment schedule. No appointment is necessary. If you have any questions, Student Services can be reached at 435-753-6780 or email@example.com.
Estimated Tuition & Fees
Course fees may vary.
Pell Eligible: Yes
Estimated Monthly Payment:
8 Hour Schedule: $495
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302