At this time, formerly certified CNA’s in the State of Utah (expired more than 6 months) can seek reinstatement of their certification through a Utah Department of Health Variance Request. If granted, this variance waives the requirement to retake a CNA training course and state certification exams to regain certification as a nursing assistant. Certification will not be revoked when the crisis is over and can be maintained if certification requirements continue to be met. There is no cost involved. See the Expired More than 6 Months document under the Forms heading on the utahcna.com website.
The Nursing Assistant program is an approved Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) training program that prepares the high school or adult student to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Students learn basic entry-level skills to work as a direct care provider. Students are taught in a simulated lab utilizing demonstrations, practice, and role play. Students will participate in 24 hours of supervised clinical experience at a long-term care facility. Upon completion of the course requirements, the student will be eligible to take the UNAR skills and written exams for state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Nursing Assistant Objectives
1) Graduates will identify abnormal findings, such as from vital signs, to report to nursing personnel using appropriate verbal and/or written communication.
2) Graduates will correctly demonstrate 100% of the skills listed on the Nursing Assistant Proficiency Performance (NAPP) list from the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR).
3) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the content including resident rights, communication, infection prevention, basic safety and emergencies, positioning and transfers, basic human needs, hygiene and grooming, nutrition, end of life care, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
4) Graduates will execute safe and effective care for residents in a long-term care facility.
The following are the requirements for certification through the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Complete an approved Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEP) program, such as the Nursing Assistant program through Bridgerland Technical College. Alternatively, completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course would meet this requirement.
- Demonstrate minimum competency by passing both the knowledge and skills demonstration UNAR exams upon completion of your nursing assistant training.
- If you have an active certificate in another state, you can become certified in Utah through the reciprocity process.
NURSING ASSISTANT (INTENSIVE SCHEDULE)
Do you need to get your certification quickly? Enroll in any of the Monday – Friday, 8 am – 12 noon class options to complete in 4-5 weeks (see Registration Codes below). Attendance is mandatory, with no room for absences. Rigorous course for the academically sound. Study time outside of class recommended. Some weekend clinicals may be required.
Adult students must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent, and are required to purchase books, uniforms, and supplies. A non-refundable $50 background check fee is required for clinical experience and must be complete at least 7 days prior to the start of class.
AHA BLS Provider CPR is a prerequisite for this course. Click here for CPR information.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
|July 6 - Aug 30 (M Tu Th),
**with clinicals to Sept 27
|5:30 - 9:30pm||CNAT 1001 01 LC||$445|
|July 12 - Aug 11 (M-F) or Sept 3 (MWF)
**with clinicals to Sept 8 or Oct 1
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 02 LC||$445|
|July 26 - Aug 26 (M-F) or Sep 17 (MWF),
**with clinicals to Sept 23 or Oct 18
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 03 LC||$445|
|Aug 9 - Sept 10 (M-F) or Oct 1 (MWF)
**with clinicals to Oct 8 or Oct 29
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 04 LC||$445|
|Aug 23 - Sept 22 (M-F) or Oct 18 (MWF),
**with clinicals to Oct 20 or Nov 15
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 05 LC||$445|
|Sept 13 - Oct 12 (M-F) or Nov 5 (MWF),
**with clinicals to Nov 9 or Dec 3
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 06 LC||$445|
Students are required to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration.
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Careers at BTECH
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100