Nursing Assistant is an approved Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) training program that prepares a student to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Students learn basic entry-level skills to work as a direct care provider. Students are taught in a simulated lab utilizing demonstrations, practice, and role play. Students will participate in 24 hours of supervised clinical experience at a long-term care facility. Upon completion of the course requirements, the student will be eligible to take the UNAR skills and written exams for state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Graduates will identify abnormal findings, such as from vital signs, to report to nursing personnel using appropriate verbal and/or written communication.
- Graduates will correctly demonstrate 100% of the skills listed on the Nursing Assistant Proficiency Performance (NAPP) list from the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR).
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the content including resident rights, communication, infection prevention, basic safety and emergencies, positioning and transfers, basic human needs, hygiene and grooming, nutrition, end of life care, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will execute safe and effective care for residents in a long-term care facility.
The following are the requirements for certification through the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Complete an approved Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEP) program, such as the Nursing Assistant program through Bridgerland Technical College. Alternatively, completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course would meet this requirement.
- Demonstrate minimum competency by passing both the knowledge and skills demonstration UNAR exams upon completion of your nursing assistant training.
- If you have an active certificate in another state, you can become certified in Utah through the reciprocity process.
Nursing Assistant (Intensive Schedule)
Do you need to get your certification quickly? Enroll in any of the Monday – Friday, 8 am – 12 noon class options to complete in 4-5 weeks (see Registration Codes below). Attendance is mandatory, with no room for absences. Rigorous course for the academically sound. Study time outside of class recommended. Some weekend clinicals may be required.
Adult students must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent, and are required to purchase books, uniforms, and supplies. A non-refundable $50 background check fee is required for clinical experience and must be complete at least 7 days prior to the start of class.
AHA BLS Provider CPR is a prerequisite for this course. Click here for CPR information.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
Winter Registration Begins January 2, 2023
|Jan 9 - March 2 (M, T, Th)
**with clinicals to March 30
|5:30 - 9:30 pm||CNAT1001 09 LC||$445|
|Jan 9 - Feb 8 (M - F) with clinicals to March 8 OR Jan 9 - March 3 (M, W, F) with clinicals to March 31||8 - noon||CNAT1001 10 LC||$445|
|Feb 6 - March 8 (M - F) with clinicals to April 10 OR Feb 6 to March 31 (M, W, F) with clinicals to April 28||8 - noon||CNAT1001 11 LC||$445|
|March 6 - April 12 (M - F) with clinicals to May 10 OR March 6 - May 3 (M, W, F) with clinicals to May 31||8 - noon||CNAT1001 12 LC||$445|
Students are required to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration.
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies. This hands-on technical education provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational and economic development of the Bear River Region.
Get In Touch
Careers at BTECH
View Our Site
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Brigham City Campus
325 West 1100 South
Brigham City, UT 84302