At this time, formerly certified CNA’s in the State of Utah (expired more than 6 months) can seek reinstatement of their certification through a Utah Department of Health Variance Request. If granted, this variance waives the requirement to retake a CNA training course and state certification exams to regain certification as a nursing assistant. Certification will not be revoked when the crisis is over and can be maintained if certification requirements continue to be met. There is no cost involved. See the Expired More than 6 Months document under the Forms heading on the utahcna.com website.
The Nursing Assistant program is an approved Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) training program that prepares the high school or adult student to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). Students learn basic entry-level skills to work as a direct care provider. Students are taught in a simulated lab utilizing demonstrations, practice, and role play. Students will participate in 24 hours of supervised clinical experience at a long-term care facility. Upon completion of the course requirements, the student will be eligible to take the UNAR skills and written exams for state certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
Nursing Assistant Objectives
1) Graduates will identify abnormal findings, such as from vital signs, to report to nursing personnel using appropriate verbal and/or written communication.
2) Graduates will correctly demonstrate 100% of the skills listed on the Nursing Assistant Proficiency Performance (NAPP) list from the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR).
3) Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of the content including resident rights, communication, infection prevention, basic safety and emergencies, positioning and transfers, basic human needs, hygiene and grooming, nutrition, end of life care, and legal and ethical responsibilities.
4) Graduates will execute safe and effective care for residents in a long-term care facility.
The following are the requirements for certification through the Utah Nursing Assistant Registry (UNAR) as a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA):
- Complete an approved Nursing Assistant Training and Competency Evaluation Programs (NATCEP) program, such as the Nursing Assistant program through Bridgerland Technical College. Alternatively, completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course would meet this requirement.
- Demonstrate minimum competency by passing both the knowledge and skills demonstration UNAR exams upon completion of your nursing assistant training.
- If you have an active certificate in another state, you can become certified in Utah through the reciprocity process.
NURSING ASSISTANT (INTENSIVE SCHEDULE)
Do you need to get your certification quickly? Enroll in any of the Monday – Friday, 8 am – 12 noon class options to complete in 4-5 weeks (see Registration Codes below). Attendance is mandatory, with no room for absences. Rigorous course for the academically sound. Study time outside of class recommended. Some weekend clinicals may be required.
Adult students must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or recognized equivalent, and are required to purchase books, uniforms, and supplies. A non-refundable $50 background check fee is required for clinical experience and must be complete at least 7 days prior to the start of class.
AHA BLS Provider CPR is a prerequisite for this course. Click here for CPR information.
For additional information on occupational profile, please click here.
The words career and job are very different. To be specific, a job is what you show up to for work; a career spans your lifetime and includes your education, training, professional memberships, and is something you love doing.
|Mar 1 - Mar 30 (M-F) or Apr 28 (MWF)
with clinicals, if available, to May 4 or May 26
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 20 LC||$445|
|Mar 15 - Apr 21 (M-F) or May 12 (MWF)
with clinicals, if available, to May 19 or June 9
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 21 LC||$445|
|Mar 29 - May 5 (M-F) or May 26 (MWF)
with clinicals, if available, to June 2 or June 23
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 22 LC||$445|
|Apr 12 - June 1 (M, Tu, Th),
with clinicals, if available, to June 29
|5:30 - 9pm||CNAT 1001 23 LC||$445|
|Apr 12 - May 11 (M-F) or June 2 (MWF)
with clinicals, if available, to June 8 or June 30
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 24 LC||$445|
|Apr 26 - May 25 (M-F) or June 18 (MWF),
with clinicals, if available, to June 22 or July 16
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 25 LC||$445|
|May 10 - June 10 (M-F) or July 2 (MWF)
with clinicals, if available, to July 8 or July 30
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 26 LC||$445|
|May 24 - June 24 (M-F) or July 19 (MWF),
with clinicals, if available, to July 22 or Aug 16
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 27 LC||$445|
|June 7 - July 7 (M-F) or July 30 (MWF),
with clinicals, if available, to Aug 4 or Aug 27
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 28 LC||$445|
|June 21 - July 21 (M-F) or Aug 13 (MWF),
with clinicals, if available, to Aug 18 or Sept 10
|8 - noon||CNAT 1001 29 LC||$445|
Students are required to pay tuition and fees at the time of registration.
Estimated Monthly Payment:
Hours per Week
A Little About Bridgerland Technical College
The mission of the Bridgerland Technical College is to deliver competency-based, employer-guided career and technical education to both secondary and post-secondary students through traditional and technology-enhanced methodologies.
Get In Touch
View Our Site
Careers at BTECH
Hours of Operation
Logan Campus - Main
Monday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Wednesday: 8 am - 6 pm
Thursday: 8 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8 am - 4 pm
Brigham City Branch Campus
Monday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Tuesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Thursday: 7:30 am - 4 pm
Friday: 7:30 am - 3 pm
Logan Campus - Main (Office)
1301 North 600 West
Logan, UT 84321
Toll Free: 866-701-1100